Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just Thankful

Session 5 and 6 were a success, which means I am done with that round of treatments.  Onward and upward,  right up the hall that is, to the Radiation Oncology Department.
Today, I met with my Radiation Oncologist and the game plan here is 12 days of radiation treatments.  Ratiation treatments are done daily, with weekends off, so that equates to 2 work weeks and 2 days for me.  And these treatments will be fast,  lasting about 15 to 20 minutes.   Now, that probably seems like a lot when you think of 5 day a week, but having spoke to other patients in the waiting room., and hearing of their treatment schedules, mine will be quick in comparison.  The nicest man on the planet, who always wants to give me hot chocolate and make sure I am feeling well told me he as 4 months of radiation therapy.  The loveliest lady ever, who has throat cancer and is in a wheelchair and speaks by writing because of a trach and other complications and seems to weigh 90 lbs, said a prayer for me as she held my hands and bowed her head and delivered her silent prayer, has 6 months (this time) of radiation and other treatments.  So,  Do you hear this chic complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hell No.  I will endure my little 12 days and  thank God every chance I get, and I have a chance every minute. 

To know that there are people out there that can take a moment to help someone else feel better or to say a prayer for someone else who was dealt a better card than themselves, warms my heart and fills my eyes with tears and joy.   You guys, don't forget to be thankful and enjoy everyday you have been given and give someone a hug who looks like they may need one.

Love, Kisses, and Peppermint Sticks!!!!!   Talk to ya later

No comments:

Post a Comment