Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Dancing Abound

My next chemo session is done.   HOORAY  HOORAYYYYY!!!!!  Four down, two to go.  Most importantly,  I am getting another PET scan today and having my lungs retested.  The PET scan is to reevaluate the size of the enlarged lymph nodes and the pulmonary function test is to make sure that the chemo has not caused any damage to my lungs.

Back in the Dr office a few days later, and .......SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE,  SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE,  SHAKE YOUR BOOTY..... (that's me doing my happy dance agian).  The results of the PET scan have revealed that the cancer is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   You guys,  I am so so so excited and happy and elated, and grateful and ecstatic and overjoyed and delighted,  and DID I SAY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that's the most fantastic news I have heard in long time.  So, with my hair still in tact and me feeling good,  the chemo has done what it was hired to do.  So, Doc says, I still have to finish the prescribed course of treatment (no complaints here), which includes the remaining chemo sessions and some corresponding radiation therapy, which I will find out at a later date the bells and whistles of that treatment.

I feel like a small celebration is in order, however, no libations on my part.  I vowed to not drink through this treatment schedule.  But a nice dinner is in order, don't you think!!!!   Lets just celebrate for today, tomorrow and life in general, and say a prayer for those inflicted with more serious cases of cancer and any other diseases. I send prayers and good energy out there to all of those in worst situations than my own, and remember,  someone else is going through much worse that what you are dealing with, so be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment